About Hello Heart:
Hello Heart is the only digital therapeutics company to focus exclusively on heart disease, the leading cause of death for U.S. adults. Through a connected device and mobile app that uses AI, behavioral science, and personalized digital coaching to drive lifestyle changes, Hello Heart empowers people to embrace healthier behavior, which can reduce the risks of high blood pressure and heart disease. It also helps users catch blood pressure readings that are extremely high and encourages them to talk to their doctor to identify potential risk in time. Validated in peer-reviewed studies and trusted by leading Fortune 500 companies, Hello Heart is easy to use and works alongside an employer’s benefits ecosystem. Founded in 2013, Hello Heart is a member of the American Heart Association’s Innovators’ Network and is part of the CVS Health Point Solutions Management program. Hello Heart is backed by leading VCs including Stripes, Khosla Ventures, IVP, Blue Run and Resolute. Visit www.helloheart.com for more information.
About the role:
This role will report initially to the CEO and work with cross-functional stakeholder teams to develop and execute PR strategies that drive awareness and consideration of Hello Heart across various external stakeholders. In this highly visible role, you will help shape our narrative and expand our brand presence through media messaging and communications strategies. This is a hands-on role with a mix of strategy and execution.
- Drive a steady drumbeat of high-impact media coverage that grows brand awareness and positions Hello Heart as a leader in whole heart health, across local, regional, and national news channels in the United States
- Create compelling written content, including press releases, company statements, op-eds, bylines, Q&A/talking points, briefings, award nominations, and media pitches/emails that position Hello Heart as an industry-leading thought leader
- Foster relationships with key media, beat reporters, bloggers, and industry stakeholders across verticals (healthcare, tech, business, consumer) and push out news on Hello Heart’s activity to the right reporters
- Work closely with data, product, solutions and B2B marketing team to proactively craft relevant stories that resonate with key reporters. Develop key communications materials, such as messaging documentation, fact sheets, FAQs, briefing documents, scripts, media lists, pitches, media training for key executives, as needed
- Anticipate communications landmines, develop communications plans to mitigate brand risk, and act as a strategic advisor as needed.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) of Hello Heart’s media presence, share of voice, and other key metrics and constantly improve our PR presence
- 7+ years of hands-on PR experience
- 4+ years of experience owning and running PR in fast-paced startup environment
- Comfortable with hands-on responsibilities as an individual contributor with PR being fully in-house
- Background in digital healthcare a big plus
- Excellent writing skills and ability to provide examples of published media content
- Extensive strategic planning around media communications, branding, and working with media
- Ability to work cross-functionally with C-suite executives, data scientists, and clinical teams
- Ability to learn and adopt the regulations within healthcare to remain compliant with branding and messaging
- Must-have pre-existing relationships with Tier-1 media, and ability to continue to build it
- Proficiency with mainstream PR analytical tools to measure metrics and effectiveness such as Cision, Meltwater, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in a communication field of study preferred
Hello Heart has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture - we look for people who are collaborative, creative, and courageous. Oh, and if you want to see some recent evidence of the fun things we do at Hello Heart, check out our Instagram page.