Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of over 1 million business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hello Alice is hiring a Product Designer to join our product team. Our product team includes designers, product managers, and engineers passionate about quality design, usability, and simple solutions. Product Design is at the core of our vision to create intuitive and beautiful products that help entrepreneurs succeed in their business journey. The ideal candidate for this role should have extensive experience across all skills needed to deliver this experience. From creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes—you’ll be a part of envisioning how business owners will experience our platform and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. You will collaborate with design partners across the organization to leverage and evolve the Hello Alice design language to build beautiful, innovative, inspired products that people love to use.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Product Design.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Provide leadership in crafting and refining the Hello Alice user journey including visual and UX strategy guidance
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience are of high-quality.
- Use and evolve our design system in order to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Help guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and engineers to give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Provide feedback on staff design solutions through wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Participate in user research and other experiments to inform design decisions.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-6 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, engineers, content writers, and product managers throughout the design process
- Experience designing across multiple platforms
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrates experiences crafting usable digital interfaces (see portfolio tips).
- Experienced in productivity tools such as Email, Google ecosystem or equivalent
- Highly experienced in design tools such as Figma, Miro or Illustrator, Adobe Suite and Agile Tools such as Trello, Jira, or TFS
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.