Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of nearly 600,000 business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
As the first UX Content Strategist at Hello Alice, you will be responsible for ensuring that all content within a user experience is delivered to the user at the right time, place and format. You will work seamlessly with the visual design and brand strategy and will ensure that the content is usable, accessible whilst always supporting the Hello Alice business goals.
This position reports to the VP of Engagement.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Responsible for defining the content vision and understanding the audience needs and business goals.
- Develop a plan for the content development workflow ensuring we maintain a consistent voice for a seamless experience.
- Define the strategy for breaking down content around complex topics and processes for small business owners into empowering and action oriented experiences for them
- Partner with visual designers, UX designers and developers to ensure the content is presented and structured in the right way
- Work to make sure our audience will find the information they need quickly and the information is easy to understand. Ensure that the content is presented at the right moment
Required Skills and Experiences:
- At least 5 years of experience working as a digital content strategist.
- BA degree in English, Journalism, communications or related field.
- Excellent copywriting skills to be able to plan, direct, design and edit content that gets results.
- Content presentation skills - You should be able to determine how content should be packaged for new and existing consumers to induce them to take business actions.
- Understanding of UX including wireframe technology. Experience working with UX Architects.
- Content delivery skills - You determine the best distribution channel to deliver content to your audience.
- You should have experience in managing marketing campaigns.
- Content monetization skills - You should be able to plan how your content can get customers to buy a product and thereby earn revenue.
- Good analytical skills with ability to spot patterns and trends in data.
Benefits & Perks for FTE employees
- Generous PTO days
- Competitive compensation, benefit & equity package
- Generous paid family leave
- Work from home stipend
- Paid volunteer days
- Professional Development
- Diverse, fun and unique work environment
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.