Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of nearly 600,000 business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Senior Visual Designer will produce highly engaging Hello Alice brand materials, while continually evolving the newly launched in-house brand system. You will work cross functionally with Marketing, Product, and Engineering/Dev teams to produce marketing campaign materials, website design and templates, social media, digital assets, and print collateral.
You’ll report directly to the Creative Director
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- You will work cross-functionally to conceive and implement design deliverables as part of a collaborative creative team.
- You’ll strategically build upon and maintain the new Hello Alice visual brand system.
- You’ll work with the content and marketing teams to:
- continually evolve all Hello Alice properties (website, web app, mobile app and social media platforms)
- design and implement marketing campaigns across channels
- Create support materials (presentation and sales assets, etc.), both print and digital
- You’ll stay abreast of current design trends and tools, as well as opportunities for audience engagement.
- Illustration and/or motion graphics skillsets are fantastic but not required.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g., graphic, visual communications, interaction) or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Very strong visual design aesthetic and problem-solving skills with a portfolio to prove it
- 5+ years of experience working with design systems in print and digital formats
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of designers, engineers, content writers, and product managers throughout the design process
- Experience designing across multiple platforms
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrates experiences crafting usable digital interfaces (see portfolio tips).
- Experience in a leadership role working with other designers
- Experience in Wordpress or similar CMS
- Sensitivity to accessibility for all users
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Scrum experience a plus
- HTML and CSS knowledge a plus
- Computer skills:
- Productivity tools - Email, Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Design tools - Adobe CC, Figma
- Agile/project management tools (Ex. Trello, Jira)
Benefits & Perks for FTE employees
- Generous PTO days
- Competitive compensation, benefit & equity package
- Generous paid family leave
- Work from home stipend
- Paid volunteer days
- Professional Development
- Diverse, fun and unique work environment
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.