Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of nearly 600,000 business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
The Scrummaster will be a critical part of the Product organization that works across engineering, product management, marketing, data analytics, and business ownership to lead Agile methodologies and Scrum practices. You will assist Product Management and Development teams with internal and external communications, improving transparency and radiating information.
You will work with the Product Manager to audit, maintain and reconcile ticketing systems supporting product delivery commitments, documentation, and transparency.
You will regularly assess Agile and Scrum Maturity and help the teams identify and fill in blanks in the Agile framework to achieve a higher level of effectiveness. This includes establishing processes and definitions related to velocity tracking, pointing, defining done, WIP limits, burn rates, and readiness estimates.
You will assist the Product Manager and teams by facilitating the removal of impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel or opportunity to resolve the issue.
You will facilitate Scrum ceremonies with an emphasis on problem-solving supporting a culture of inclusion, support, and open dialog building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or judgment.
You’ll report directly to the Principal Product Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Facilitate Ceremonies - Facilitate Scrum Ceremonies, including but not limited to Daily Stand-ups, Refinement Sessions, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives across four Scrum teams.
- Cross Team Collaboration - Support the sharing and collaboration across the four focused development teams.
- Manage, Audit, and Maintain Ticketing Systems - Manage and maintain ticketing processes to ensure accurate tracking of deliverables and effective communications.
- Report out on Progress - Provide regular readouts on Sprint and Project status.
- Remove Impediments - Support the team by identifying individuals or systems to remove impediments.
- Manage Burndown - Track estimated and actual sizing against velocity to ensure strategic efforts meet committed target release dates.
- WIP Limits - Support team in enforcing work in progress limits to ensure focus is maintained on priority efforts.
- Own the Release Cadence - Support teams and the business by facilitating requests through release processes. This includes UAT and the occasional non-planned work items (i.e. support tickets).
- Excellent cross functional collaboration leadership.
- Know and play your position well
- Understand and acknowledge what’s important to your peers
- Demonstrate empathy towards others’ challenges
- Communicate effectively and consistently
- Demonstrate mutual respect and trust
- Prioritize the most important functions and relationships
Required Skills and Experiences:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Easily approachable and able to adapt communication styles to different audiences.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(ex. Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Strong background with Jira, Confluence, and broad knowledge of DevOps, automation principles, and supporting technologies (ie. GitHub).
Benefits & Perks for FTE employees
- Generous PTO days
- Competitive compensation, benefit & equity package
- Generous paid family leave
- Work from home stipend
- Paid volunteer days
- Professional Development
- Diverse, fun and unique work environment
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.