Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
As the Product Manager of Financial Products you will lead the delivery of products to support the Hello Alice capital access vision as a part of the core product team. You will work with our capital access team to implement features to support our credit card, marketplace and loyalty programs. This will include components of both the web and mobile applications. You’ll focus on business metrics, user research and hands-on prototyping to deliver high quality experiences. A successful candidate will operate in close partnership with engineers, designers, data science, capital access, loyalty and marketing to blend viability with desirability and feasibility. You will also be a technically adept systems thinker who has partnered closely with engineers to build products (especially APIs) and complex systems at scale.
You’ll report directly to the VP of Product.
- You’re not a product management newbie. You have 3+ years of product management experience, where you’ve managed platforms and APIs in either SaaS, enterprise, ecommerce, or consumer products.
- You can create and communicate product vision/strategy - You have experience creating and communicating the vision for your product and the plan to deliver that vision. You work with leadership to refine your product’s vision and set a 12-month roadmap for how you'll solve those problems. You know how to turn a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team.
- You are a data driven product manager - You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects.
- Strong at prioritization - You take ownership of the the roadmap required to deliver on the product vision and make sure that the right tradeoffs are being made to meet goal and timeline expectations given capacity and technical capability of the company.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Own the end-to-end product strategy financial product, including ideation, technical development, shipping high quality experiences and analysis of results.
- Participates in customer focused quality assessments and improvement processes. Leverages knowledge of emerging technologies to develop a business case, business plan, and roll-out for less complex products or initiatives through all applicable channels.
- Facilitate and participate in the selection of vendors to support implementation of product features.
- Use data to drive vision and definition of key success metrics. Communicate how the work that you’re prioritizing is helping drive those metrics and planning of new features to deliver against company goals.
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and work closely with engineers on solutions.
- You’ll run collaborative user research studies to find user experience touch points that help customers get the most out of our tools and those that partners provide.
- You’ll represent the needs of customers and users company-wide.
- Identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis.
- You’ll work with design and engineering partners to ship well-crafted product and appreciate the little big details
- You will collaborate with business development, developer relations, sales and marketing teams to work with partners and build the best apps for our mutual customers.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent years of experience
- Agile project lifecycle management experience required
- 3-5 years experience in product management ideally with managing platforms and API's in either SaaS, enterprise, ecommerce or consumer products
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions and work closely with engineers on solutions
- Understanding of the role of UX/UI in the product life cycle
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced team including highly technical areas
- Outcome focused approach, good at using insights derived from quantitative and qualitative research to craft strategy and roadmap.
- Experience working with design, user research, running experiments, and iterating on ideas to benefit end users
- Background as a software engineer or product designer a plus or high consideration
- Agile tools, Trello, Jira or TFS
Benefits & Perks
- Generous PTO days
- Competitive compensation, benefit and equity package
- Work from home stipend
- Professional development
- Diverse, fun and unique work environment
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of nearly 600,000 business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.