At HELIX we work with large-scale real estate tenants and building owner-operators in the US, UK and Asia. Our clients need accurate and usable 3D building plans generated quickly for construction and occupancy planning, asset purchase analysis and more.
We are a group of motivated domain and technology experts trying to leverage the latest in the field of Reality Capture, AI+ML, and Large Scale Distributed Systems to improve the performance of built environments. We use advanced data capture, AI and cloud compute technology to relentlessly reduce the time and cost to generate digital building models and to organize and unlock building data.
What We Value
- Proactive attitude.
- Self-driven management.
- Attention to detail.
- Open and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with other team members remotely.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 2+ years proven experience in building and deploying web applications
- Experienced with WebPack, Babel, npm.
- Experienced with Git branching, rebasing and merging.
- Team player and fast learner.
- Diligent and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Natural orientation to create visually attractive products.
- Comfortable adapting to evolving requirements.
- Ability to deliver quality results in a fast paced environment.
- Analytically minded.
- Experienced in software development best practices (unit testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, e2e testing).
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud platforms.
- Practical experience with Kubernetes or similar deployment technologies.
- Exposure to machine learning concepts applied to computer vision.
- Experience with computational geometry concepts.
- Experience with Gatsby and Netlify.
- Participate in the team's daily stand ups and weekly demos.
- Actively contribute to growing the knowledge base of the team.
- Comply with software development best practices and code reviews.
- Work with backend engineers to define the API endpoints that your application will require.
Some of the things you might work on include:
- Implement server push notifications using websockets in our React app.
- Implement a custom viewer to visualize our photo tour and point clouds simultaneously.
- Refactor our application continuously for maintainability.
- Improve the performance of our React application.
- Write new UI components using Storybook.
The HELIX Tech Stack
- Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, Concourse CI
- React, Redux, SCSS, Enzyme, Jest, Cypress, ThreeJS, Potree
- Postgres, Datastore
- OpenCV, TensorFlow, Flask
- Github, Jira
HELIX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.