At HELIX we work with large-scale real estate tenants and building owner-operators in the US, UK and Asia. Our clients need accurate and usable 3D building plans generated quickly for construction and occupancy planning, asset purchase analysis and more.
We are a group of motivated domain and technology experts trying to leverage the latest in the field of Reality Capture, AI+ML, and Large Scale Distributed Systems to improve the performance of built environments. We use advanced data capture, AI and cloud compute technology to relentlessly reduce the time and cost to generate digital building models and to organize and unlock building data.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fun and challenging role using cutting edge technology within a young, funded startup. You will face a few of the toughest problems in the industry, like efficiently managing huge data sets including 3D geometry, sharing protected assets and processing concurrent data at large scale, with lots of autonomy.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining services that run on our Kubernetes based platform. You will work closely with product managers and engineers to build a platform for sharing, managing and transforming 3D modeling assets in a maintainable, stable and highly scalable way.
HELIX team members hold themselves and each other to the very highest standards of software development practices and security protections. If you are ready to own what you build, we would like to invite you to join an elite global team of engineers and scientists.
Some of the things you might work on include:
- Design, implement and maintain our REST API services based on SpringBoot.
- Collaborate closely with our product and UX/UI team to implement new features for our platform.
- Design the WebSocket server architecture to implement server push notifications.
- Propose methods and tools to build software at scale.
- Identify and optimize data queries (SQL/NoSQL/Neo4j) that are performing slowly.
- Update our infrastructure to support new functionality.
- Assist in hiring engineering staff locally and remotely.
What We Value
- Proactive attitude.
- Self-driven management.
- Attention to detail.
- Open and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with other team members remotely.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Experience designing elegant and scalable RESTful APIs.
- Strong skills with Java programming ecosystem using Spring or similar frameworks.
- Experience designing/optimizing SQL databases.
- Creative problem solving, independent (and team!) thinking and great communication skills.
- Ability to learn, understand, select and apply new technology as needed.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Expertise with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code using Spinnaker, Concourse and Terraform.
- Understanding of FE web development using React, Redux and WebPack.
- Experience with Neo4J or other graph databases.
- Experience with leading and mentorship of other engineers.
HELIX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.