IT Support Enterprise
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role?
Helix is on the cutting edge of science and technology and within this role the selectee will be working with the best in Biotech. This team thinks outside the box and is able to provide support on some of the latest tools and technologies in security, user automation, and hardware.
As an Enterprise IT Support Engineer, you will:
- Resolve issues with macOS Monterey running on Intel and Apple Silicon
- Provide support for people working remotely. This includes home wifi, office equipment, and peripherals
- Support all L1 Support tickets in our ticketing system
- Escalate support issues as needed to L2 Support
- Maintain equipment stock in our San Diego or San Mateo office
- Handle logistics for all replacement equipment, new laptops, and returns
- Work with top-tier tools such as JAMF, BetterCloud, Jumpcloud, DUO, Crowdstrike, Netskope, Google workspace, Chrome Enterprise, Atlassian products, and Zendesk, Slack, Adobe, O365
- Process on-boards and off-boards using our automation tools along with some manual processes
- Provide rotating office support for our San Mateo office
- Provide support for almost 200 cloud applications including provisioning and de-provisioning
- Troubleshoot networking issues, DNS, IP, security plugins Mimecast, Netskope
- 2-4 yrs of Desktop and end user support experience
- Love for technology and solving technical problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced remote environment and take ownership of end users service experience
- Any relevant certifications like JAMF, Bettercloud, Jumpcloud, A+, CCNA, etc.
- Scripting in Bash or other scripting languages
- Zero Trust experience
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.