You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role?
As Associate Manager within our Life Science and Growth business, you’ll play a critical role in supporting multiple commercial functions while gaining experience across multiple commercial disciplines. You’ll be supporting the analysis of new product opportunities and markets, helping to drive strategic marketing plans and product launches, assisting with creating external partnerships and playing a critical role in business development deals and partnerships teams. Your scientific curiosity will lead you to understand both the scientific innovation Helix drives and how our scientific advancements can solve critical issues for our customers. Your high degree of learning agility will serve you well in working on a wide scope of human genomic uses cases across multiple therapeutic areas as genomics applications and use cases are rapidly accelerating and driving new personalized medicines across cardiovascular, metabolics, neurology and immunology, and viral genomics is leading to new vaccine and infectious disease breakthroughs.
The ideal candidate will display high levels of learning agility, be highly proactive, organized, and skilled at working collaboratively with strong attention to detail. Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills are critical, as well as utilizing excellent verbal and listening skills, presentation skills, teaming, facilitation, and relationship-building to move strategic analysis and external partnerships forward. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable delivering against metrics, have a deep passion for transforming healthcare through the use of genomics and personalized medicine, and love creating win-win deals, this is the role for you. Specific responsibilities will include:
As an Associate Manager, Life Sciences, you will:
- Support assessment of new products, services and opportunity areas
- Identify and aid in establishing external partnerships that support or enable new products or services, particularly as related to analytical capabilities such as data platforms, tokenization, RWE opportunities, etc.
- Conduct analysis on external market to identify key customer attributes and pain points which in turn drive decisions on where to focus our commercial efforts
- Lead project managing the launch of new products with Marketing, and project manage deals when supporting Business Development create proposals, drive contracting and win business.
- Support negotiations of external partnerships and business development activities
- Aid in commercial operations including reporting, generating performance dashboards, pipeline tracking, and other tools for lead management, etc.
- Work closely across Helix colleagues to ensure successful onboarding and market launch
- Mission-oriented, with a deep passion for improving people’s lives through DNA
- 2-4 years of experience in the life science industry supporting any of the following: commercial partnerships, clinical trial innovation, product launches, marketing or analysis of RWE/analytical products.
- Strong business sense and service-delivery mindset
- Personal confidence, proactive approach to work and enthusiasm
- Ability to change priorities quickly and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done; thrives in a high-growth environment
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as part of a close-knit team
- Strong oral and written English communication capabilities, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing capabilities
- Good understanding of financial and analytical modeling
- Willingness to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside formal responsibilities, combined with the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- BA or BS required; with strong preference in a scientific major.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.