You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role?
In this role you will work closely and cross-functionally with leaders across key functions such as Product, R&D, Laboratory, Engineering, Health System marketing to drive value for our customers and business. This position reports to the SVP of Life Sciences and Growth.
Helix is looking for a life science marketer to lead our product marketing efforts across a suite of Helix products in both germline and viral genomics. We believe that as medicines become increasingly personalized our suite of products is uniquely positioned to meet emerging needs including research on new genetic variants and biomarkers, accelerating clinical trials and answering complex research and clinical questions by leveraging our clinico-genomic datasets and RWD/RWE offerings.
We are looking for an individual with a proven track record of leading life science product marketing for pharmaceutical clinical research and has strong familiarity with the drug discovery, clinical development and related functions. In this role, you will lead our go-to-market plan development and execution, business development enablement, brand awareness strategy and in addition strategizing with leadership on ways to shape and grow the market.
As a Life Science Product Marketing Lead, you will:
- Define the strategy for launching new products and services to pharma R&D including product positioning, branding, target market and marketing channel approach.
- Develop compelling product messaging, value proposition and storylines that highlights the differentiated value Helix products and services bring.
- Build out any necessary marketing collateral, and work across Helix functions to prioritize scientific-related efforts that can be repurposed as marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with business development and account management teams to execute on marketing strategy and approach across channels (e.g. conferences/events, scientific publications, webinars, design 7 brand, etc.).
- Partner with Product teams on new product launches especially those leveraging significant technology components in the offering.
- Drive data-driven decision making, including establish measurements on marketing tactics with regards to efficiency of lead generation and/or increased likelihood of closing deals.
- Liaise between the Lifescience and Growth businesses and the broader marketing organization to leverage additional resources to achieve commercial success including the commercial operations infrastructure.
- Minimum 7-8 years in one or more of the following:
- Healthcare technology company focused on marketing to biopharma R&D customers in clinical development or drug discovery
- Clnical resarch organizations (CRO’s) focused on emerging innovative capabilties such as RWD/RWE
- Healthcare oriented consulting firms with a focus on clinical research and marekitng
- You’re exceptionally adept at storytelling, and have an ability to turn complex data and scientific concepts into clear communications
- You have deep subject matter expertise in clinical research/clinical trials on both the sponsor and site side, and specific understanding of technology used to support and drive greater clinical trial efficiency (e.g. design, site selection, patient recruitment, data analytics, etc.0
- You have a start-up mindset, flexibility and thrive in fast-paced environments
- You enjoy working through ambiguity and bring creativity to your marketing strategies and deliverables.
- You have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with the ability to independently drive cross-functional initiatives
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.