You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What is special about this role:
Support all aspects of GL accounting and special projects for the finance team.
As a General Ledger Accountant, you will:
- Preparing and posting monthly journal entries.
- Research and respond to inquiries- responding timely and professionally.
- Oversee financial transactions and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Perform General Ledger account reconciliations, including but not limited to Pre-paids, Fixed Assets, Liabilities and Cash.
- Assist in financial audits and implement audit recommendations.
- Develop reconciliation procedures, reports and audit schedules for customer aging, trial balance, and deferred/recognized revenue.
- Report on account fluctuation and variances.
- Assist in month end close.
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned by the Manager.
- Staying current with best practices in accounting and new accounting pronouncements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 1+ years experience.
- Experience with a cloud based ERP will be a plus.
- Experience in the Biotech industry will be a plus.
- Must have good knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- True team player, ability to work effectively with peers and other departments.
- Results focused while ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
- Proficiency with G-suite & Microsoft Office (Word and Excel (pivot tables).
- Organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with large volume.
What Helix Has to Offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and
thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.