You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
What is special about this role:
You will work directly with the VP, Legal and receive training and mentorship from both the Legal, Privacy & Compliance Team and G&A staff to support your personal and professional development. As part of a small but growing team, you will support the growth of both existing and emerging business lines at Helix, and help structure and negotiate deals with health system partners, life sciences companies, vendors, and government agencies.
As a Corporate Counsel, you will:
- Support the legal team with daily corporate and transactional tasks.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, including supply agreements, service agreements, research agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other vendor agreements. Experience negotiating strategic partnership and collaboration agreements is a plus.
- Support project-based legal assignments and initiatives, including corporate transactions, privacy and compliance matters, and other product counseling matters.
- Maintain legal records and provide contract lifecycle management support utilizing a variety of tools.
- Develop excellent working relationships and act as a key resource between the company’s legal department and other functional groups and project teams, including Business Development, Partnerships, R&D, Supply Chain/Ops, Marketing, Product and other teams to provide guidance in support of their business objectives and contracting needs.
- Identify ways and initiate projects to continuously improve templates, processes, and operations.
- U.S. law degree and an active member in good standing of the California Bar.
- At least 3+ years of transactions experience, ideally with national law firm experience in a technology transactions practice; experience working with life sciences companies preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task amid evolving business needs and priorities.
- Strong desire to improve processes and grow.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix Has to Offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.