You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
- Perform company accounting operations and determine revenues.
- Generate monthly revenue and report to Controller.
- Research and respond to inquiries- responding timely and professionally.
- Oversee financial transactions and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Perform account reconciliations, including but not limited to Revenue and Accounts receivables.
- Assist in financial audits and implement audit recommendations.
- Be the point of contact for all customer inquiries.
- Develop reconciliation procedures, reports and reconciliation schedules for customer aging, trial balance, and deferred/recognized revenue.
- Create journal entries and perform AR and revenue activities in NetSuite.
- Assist in month end close.
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with 4+ years experience.
- Experience with NetSuite and Tableau will be a plus.
- Experience in the Biotech industry will be a plus.
- Must have good knowledge of US GAAP with ability to recognize and accurately record revenue in accordance with US GAAP.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- True team player, ability to work effectively with peers and other departments.
- Results focused while ensuring weekly/monthly billing and reporting deadlines are met.
- Proficiency with G-suite & Microsoft Office (Word and Excel (pivot tables)).
- Organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with large volume.
What Helix Has to Offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.