You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will:
- Work alongside software engineers in an agile environment.
- Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive test strategies/plans.
- Design, create, enhance, and maintain detailed test cases and conduct testing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule.
- Report, track and escalate anomalies discovered during testing and ensure closure on issues.
- Assist in creating, maintaining, and running quality improvement initiatives and automated testing frameworks.
- Work to understand our external and internal customers and advocate on their behalf.
- 3+ years' of test automation experience
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g., Golang, Python, Typescript, Java)
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with continuous integration platforms (e.g., CodePipeline, CircleCI).
- Experience with agile methodologies and automation-first engineering practices
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (e.g., xUnit, Cucumber, Gingko, Selenium, JMeter)
- Experience testing cloud-native, microservice-based software architectures
- Experience testing serverless (e.g., AWS Lambda) and asynchronous (e.g., AWS SQS) software architectures
- Experience in medical, biopharmaceutical or device industries.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance frameworks including 21 CFR Part 11, 21 CFR 820, Medical Device Data Software (MDDS), GAMP 5, and HIPAA.