You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. We support all aspects of population genomics from recruitment to translational research and help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, and lower costs. Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives.
For the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix has built one of the nation’s largest COVID diagnostic labs and has been on the leading edge of national viral surveillance efforts tracking B.1.1.7 and other viral strains.
What’s Important to us:
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
As Our Quality Engineer You Will:
- Lead the implementation of the SDLC and newly developed software procedures, while ensuring all new software development processes and procedures are fully implemented and understood throughout the organization.
- Be the quality representative at cross-functional teams to maintain the validated state of the engineering systems.
- Actively participate in software planning and storytime meetings and guide the development teams through requirements and test execution.
- Ensure that products meet the organization and quality requirements
- Review validation plans to ensure testing is within the scope of the release, including version/change control and new software rollouts.
- Lead and review the design, development, implementation, and execution of test scripts/test plans.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Product and Security) to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular agile release schedule.
- Assist in reviewing, establishing and maintaining validated state of the microservices.
- Assist with defining and implementing software quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that the validation lifecycle meets regulatory requirements (21 CFR Part 11, 21 CFR 820).
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (or relevant job experience)
- 5+ years of QA development/manual/automation reviewer/approver experience with complex applications
- 4+ years of experience writing test plans and test cases in a FDA regulated industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present issues, plans and objectives.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Golang, etc.).
- Familiar with agile methodologies, automation-first engineering practices and automated testing frameworks (e.g.JAMA, Gingko, Selenium, JMeter, Locust, etc.).
- Familiar with cloud-native, microservice-based, software architectures.
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.