Helix is a rapidly growing population genomics company working at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics. Founded in 2015 with a mission to “empower every person to improve their life through their DNA”, our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. Powered by one of the world’s largest CLIA / CAP next-generation sequencing labs and our proprietary Exome+® assay, we support all aspects of population genomics including recruitment and engagement, clinically actionable disease screening, return of results, and basic and translational research. We help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, lower costs, and drive cutting edge translational and clinical research. For the individual, we store and protect their DNA information so that they control their data and can use it throughout their lifetime in a variety of settings.
Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives. We also collaborate with our health system partners to combine longitudinal EHR data with genomic data to optimize care across the health system. This proprietary clinico-genomic dataset, with recontactable individuals and actively enrolling programs, powers our life sciences segment and helps our life sciences partners bring innovative therapies to patients faster and more efficiently.
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix is leveraging its expertise and infrastructure to develop and deploy more scalable and sensitive COVID-19 testing as well as accelerate research on the influence of genetics on COVID-19 infection and severity.
As a an Automations Engineer (Temporary ) you will:
- Provide technical support for our automation systems.
- Willing to train, must be mechanically inclined and comfortable with tools and following a service guide.
- Support production team by providing on site and immediate diagnostics of liquid handler issues/errors.
- Provide support for calibration, maintenance, and repair of liquid handling systems.
- Provide documentation of service, repair or maintenance of liquid handling systems.
- Experience with working on laboratory equipment (maintenance, service, or basic operation, experience with liquid handlers would be a plus)
- Familiarity with basic laboratory procedures, clean room practices and
- SOP/documentation processes.
- Preferred but not required - Engineering discipline or BioEngineer with 0-2 years of experience
- Time commitment for this position is 40 hours/ week. Current hours could be 7am – 3pm or 2pm – 11pm, Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday.
- This position is payrolled through a temp agency. We are expecting a duration of 1 year on this project.
- Weekly COVID testing is required for this position; this is done on site at the Helix office where the position is based.
- Helix provides personal protective equipment for all team members including gloves, face masks, lab coats, hand sanitizer.