Helix is expanding our Population Genomics program and is seeking a genetic counselor, medical geneticist or other genetics professional with clinical experience who is motivated to join our dynamic team at the forefront of integrating genomic data at scale to positively impact the health of individuals and populations.
It’s our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. We believe DNA will be digitally accessible to each person so that it can be used—at any time—to improve health outcomes and accelerate research.
Helix powers life-changing population health programs. Our world-class clinical laboratory platform and proprietary Exome+ assay enable health systems to integrate genomic information into routine clinical care and enhance the accessibility of personalized healthcare. Additionally, Helix stores and protects participants’ DNA information, so that as the science evolves, health systems, patients and researchers are able to continuously benefit from a lifetime of DNA insights.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a diverse team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers.
As the Clinical Implementation manager you will:
- Drive standards of excellence in establishing responsible clinical best practices in population health
- In collaboration with Helix health system partners and other strategic healthcare partners, define genomic care delivery models by implementing clinical workflow solutions and applying best practices in population health and evidence-based care from recruitment to return of results and ongoing engagement
- Identify publication opportunities and drive clinical implementation research on the clinical impact of population genetics initiatives to establish best practices and standards in the delivery of genomic medicine into clinical care
- Ensure the quality of the experience for patients/participants, researchers and providers
- Collaborate with our cross-functional internal teams including members of the commercial, research, science, policy and regulatory teams
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on current best practices, guidelines and resources, including representing initiatives and findings at national conferences
- 7-10 years clinical research and/or clinical implementation/operations experience, focus on genetics/genomics preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical genetics practice
- Experience establishing and/or leading IRB research, preferred
- Familiarity with EHRs, CPT and ICD10 coding
- Industry experience, preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, natural educator and leader
- Deep knowledge of the scientific and clinical literature
- Self-motivated, team player
- Able to travel domestically (percent of time negotiable)
- Passionate about expanding access to genomics to the general population
- Location in the Bay Area preferred, but remote roles will be considered for the right candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Passion to responsibly drive large-scale adoption of genomics into clinical care paths
- Ability to think outside the box and execute solutions to clinical research and implementation challenges
- Experience with physician and patient genetic testing and reimbursement workflows, especially within a healthcare system
- Experience with processes and expectations to drive ongoing IRB-approved research
- Deep familiarity with standards of safety, privacy and regulatory requirements related to genomic information (including HIPAA)
- Demonstrated success collaborating with multiple parties to reach goals
- Desire to drive collaborations to publication on best practices in population genetics