The Associate Corporate Counsel must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, and maintaining high quality and high standards. This individual should possess strong contract drafting and negotiating skills. The Corporate Counsel will have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to partner collaboratively with internal key stakeholders. In addition, this individual should have the ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations. The Corporate Counsel will be expected to work independently while knowing when to escalate issues to senior attorneys and other managers.
- Reporting to the Head of Legal, this role will support the legal team with daily corporate and transactional tasks.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, including supply agreements, service agreements, research agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other vendor agreements. Experience negotiating strategic partnership agreements a plus.
- Support project-based legal assignments and initiatives, including corporate transactions, privacy and compliance matters, and other product counseling matters.
- Provide timely advice to internal clients on a wide range of transactions and matters.
- Maintain legal records and provide contract lifecycle management support utilizing a variety of tools.
- Develop excellent working relationships and act as a key resource between the company’s legal department and other functional groups and project teams, including Business Development, Partnerships, R&D, Supply Chain/Ops, Marketing, Product and other teams to provide guidance in support of their business objectives and contracting needs.
- Identify ways and initiate projects to continuously improve templates, processes, and operations.
- U.S. Law degree and an active member in good standing of California Bar.
- At least 2+ years of transactions experience, ideally with national law firm experience in a technology transactions practice; experience working with life sciences companies preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task amid evolving business needs and priorities.
- Strong desire to improve processes and grow..
What Helix can offer you:
You will work directly with the Head of Legal and receive training and mentorship from both the legal team and G&A staff to support your personal and professional development.
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO