Helix is a rapidly growing population genomics company working at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics. Founded in 2015 with a mission to “empower every person to improve their life through their DNA”, our end-to-end population genomics platform enables health systems, life sciences companies, and payers to advance genomic research and accelerate the integration of genomic data into routine clinical care. Powered by one of the world’s largest CLIA / CAP next-generation sequencing labs and our proprietary Exome+® assay, we support all aspects of population genomics including recruitment and engagement, clinically actionable disease screening, return of results, and basic and translational research. We help our partners use genomics to improve health outcomes, increase patient engagement, lower costs, and drive cutting edge translational and clinical research. For the individual, we store and protect their DNA information so that they control their data and can use it throughout their lifetime in a variety of settings.
Leading health systems, including Renown Health, AdventHealth, and Mayo Clinic, use our population genomics platform to power some of the world’s largest and fastest-growing population genomics initiatives. We also collaborate with our health system partners to combine longitudinal EHR data with genomic data to optimize care across the health system. This proprietary clinico-genomic dataset, with recontactable individuals and actively enrolling programs, powers our life sciences segment and helps our life sciences partners bring innovative therapies to patients faster and more efficiently.
In response to the COVID-19 public health crisis, Helix is leveraging its expertise and infrastructure to develop and deploy more scalable and sensitive COVID-19 testing as well as accelerate research on the influence of genetics on COVID-19 infection and severity.
The Associate Corporate Counsel must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, and maintaining high quality and high standards. This individual should possess strong contract drafting and negotiating skills. The Corporate Counsel will have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to partner collaboratively with internal key stakeholders. In addition, this individual should have the ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans and recommendations. The Corporate Counsel will be expected to work independently while knowing when to escalate issues to senior attorneys and other managers.
- Reporting to the Head of Legal, this role will support the legal team with daily corporate and transactional tasks.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, including supply agreements, service agreements, research agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other vendor agreements. Experience negotiating strategic partnership agreements a plus.
- Support project-based legal assignments and initiatives, including corporate transactions, privacy and compliance matters, and other product counseling matters.
- Provide timely advice to internal clients on a wide range of transactions and matters.
- Maintain legal records and provide contract lifecycle management support utilizing a variety of tools.
- Develop excellent working relationships and act as a key resource between the company’s legal department and other functional groups and project teams, including Business Development, Partnerships, R&D, Supply Chain/Ops, Marketing, Product and other teams to provide guidance in support of their business objectives and contracting needs.
- Identify ways and initiate projects to continuously improve templates, processes, and operations.
- U.S. Law degree and an active member in good standing of California Bar.
- At least 2+ years of transactions experience, ideally with national law firm experience in a technology transactions practice; experience working with life sciences companies preferred.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task amid evolving business needs and priorities.
- Strong desire to improve processes and grow..
What Helix can offer you:
You will work directly with the Head of Legal and receive training and mentorship from both the legal team and G&A staff to support your personal and professional development.
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO