Summary: Senior Product managers are responsible for guiding the success of a product and leading the cross-functional team that is responsible for improving it. It is an important organizational role especially in technology that sets the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product or product line. This person will conduct market research; generate product requirements; determine production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Who are we?
We’re Helium 10, the leading Software company for Amazon sellers. We move fast, really fast, so we need someone who can keep up. We’re experts at our craft (and if not, we become experts, fast!) and we hold each other to a high standard. Why? We’re shaping the future for Amazon sellers and our customers deserve the best. We make tough decisions, own up to mistakes, and above all, we find solutions to problems.
Who are you?
As a Senior Product Manager at Helium 10, you will obsess over our users and create innovative products and features that solve e-commerce sellers’ business monitoring, financial reporting, accounting, and inventory management challenges. This will involve user research, prioritizing initiatives, writing detailed specs, and collaborating with your engineering, design, and marketing partners. You will be responsible for setting clear objectives, deploying resources, and measuring product impact through in-depth data analysis. Finally, you will feel a sense of ownership over the product and passion for developing a compelling product roadmap targeting user satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design, customer support & marketing to ship high performing experiences
- Define and evangelize your product roadmap throughout the organization
- Ruthlessly prioritize product initiatives through user research and data analysis
- Engage in sprint activities with your engineering team and provide them with detailed user stories and specs
- Monitor and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Analyze market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands
- Understand e-commerce platform APIs and the necessary dataset to build compelling financial analytics, inventory management, and accounting products
- Collaborate externally with subject matter experts to build products that follow financial and accounting best practices
- 4+ years of experience in product management within agile environments
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Empathy towards the customers with the ability to understand their key problems and develop intuitive solutions to these problems
- Strong technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, APIs and web technologies
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to find, analyze, and distill behavioral data (e.g., funnels, cohorts, raw data sets) into actionable insights as well as ensure accuracy of product data sets
- Outstanding communication skills, regularly decomposing complex problems and presenting them clearly to the team and executives
- Financial or analytics product experience is preferred
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Human Interaction Design, Marketing, Business or equivalent preferred
- Strong Work Ethic. Employees must understand and possess a willingness to work hard, be honest and have integrity
- Must be self-motivated, take ownership, and able to adapt in an ever-changing environment
The above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.