About the job
Helium 10 is looking for a Product Designer who is passionate about making products approachable for all our customers and wants to exercise their full range of user experience and interface design skills. You will work on all parts of the product development process: idea conception, user research, wireframing, Interface designs, data visualization and marketing and development support. It’s a fast-paced environment where decisions are data-focused, collaborative and iterative.
This position can be performed from anywhere and is open to remote
Who are we?
We’re Helium 10, the leading Software company for Amazon sellers. We move fast, really fast, so we need someone who can keep up. We’re experts at our craft (and if not, we become experts, fast!) and we hold each other to a high standard. Why? We’re shaping the future for Amazon sellers and our customers deserve the best. We make tough decisions, own up to mistakes, and above all, we find solutions to problems.
Who are you?
As a Helium 10 Product Designer, you’re enthusiastic about finding creative ways to improve the day-to-day experience of our users. At your core, you know the best design is rooted in a deep understanding of users, and start every project by aligning around a clear understanding of the problems that you’re trying to solve. You practice collaborative design techniques, partnering closely with Product Managers as well as members of engineering, marketing and customer success.
In a fast-paced agile environment, you focus on delivering incremental value for users and believe in the power of iteration to bring about great design. You’re eager to learn new methods and processes that take your skills to the next level. As a member of the product design team, you’re not afraid to share your work; talking about what worked, what didn’t and reflecting upon how to continue honing your craft as a user-centered designer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design elegantly-simple, easy-to-use flows that help users build and grow their e-commerce business.
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and copywriters across the company to define, design, implement and oversee the user experience for products and features from conception to launch.
- Deeply understand and solve complex problems, including data visualization.
- Develop deep empathy for our customers by participating in and leading user research activities such as user interviews, just-in-time user testing, and workflow usability testing.
- Use a combination of user research insights, design best practices, and business objectives to inform design solutions objectively.
- Plan and execute a user-centered design process for your work, maximizing the impact you can make with the time you have. Create a combination of concept sketches, user flow storyboards, low-fidelity wireframes and ultimately high-fidelity design deliverables to hand off to engineering.
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality with humility and mutual respect.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role
- An online portfolio showcasing user-centered designs of complex web applications, samples of design deliverables (personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes), data analytics interfaces, and data visualizations.
- Experience executing an end-to-end user-centered design process with a strong understanding of user experience principles, techniques and patterns.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills from past experience working with cross-functional teams of Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree
- Experience with design tools like Sketch and Zeplin.
- Some understanding of the Amazon e-commerce platform is a big plus.
Why you should work for Helium 10!
- Fun atmosphere and company culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits (70% paid medical, dental, and vision, and much more!)
- HSA, FSA, life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits, and tons of ancillary benefit options!
- 401k match
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 2 years
- Flexible work schedules
- Public recognition platform
- Virtual happy hours
- Work sponsored events
- Tons of educational opportunities
- Creative workspace
Helium 10 needs EXPERTS! If you are a passionate Product Designer and would like to join the Helium 10 family please apply today!