About the job
The Director of Data Engineering is a critical role in our Technology organization. This highly visible member of the Technology Leadership team has the overall accountability for the end-to-end strategy and delivery of our data platforms to enable customers and business stakeholders to operate their businesses efficiently. You will manage our data engineering and data science teams to ensure the data architecture and direction meet our performance, scalability, and security standards while working with product, engineering, marketing, and sales partners.
This position can be performed from anywhere and is open to remote
Who are we?
We’re Helium 10, the leading Software company for Amazon sellers. We move fast, really fast, so we need someone who can keep up. We’re experts at our craft (and if not, we become experts, fast!) and we hold each other to a high standard. Why? We’re shaping the future for Amazon sellers and our customers deserve the best. We make tough decisions, own up to mistakes, and above all, we find solutions to problems.
Who are you?
- Proven leader who has delivered highly scalable real-time data solutions in a face-paced agile environment
- Passion for all things Data Engineering with experience enabling an organization through data
- Experienced in creating and leading a highly resilient and scalable solution
- Collaborative, innovative, and humble
- Gravitates towards stability, reliability, and accuracy
- Influential leader who rallies multiple teams around the vision, and creates an empowering atmosphere to deliver results
- Focused on mentoring and training team members
- Understands the value of data is only realized in its ability to be digested by stakeholders
- Ability to understand complex data problems, and quickly identify clear technical solutions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, iterate, and manage the vision of how data flows from transactional systems to data warehouses and lakes
- Develop the roadmap for the data functions that clearly define ownership, accountability, and responsibility
- Build, hire, and cultivate world-class data engineering and data science teams
- Clearly communicate architectural decisions, plans, and standards for products we create and support
- Project manage timelines for technical and product roadmap items
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7 + years of experience in a technical role
- 3 + years of experience in a managerial role around data engineering, warehouse, lake, mart, and pipelines
- 2 + years of experience working with Data Science teams
- Experience with big data architecture and data modeling for efficient processing of large volumes of data
- Experience developing large and complex data processing pipelines
- Background in ETL and data processing to enable Data Analysts to evaluate the data
- 3 + years of experience with public clouds such as AWS
- 3 + years of experience in Postgres, MySql, ElasticSearch, and Redis
- Extraordinary people and program management skills with a servant leadership style that inspires confidence
- Able to present information, gain feedback, and respond to questions from groups of leaders, customers, and technical directors
- Hands on experience in Agile/Scrum
Why you should work for Helium 10!
- Fun atmosphere and company culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits (70% paid medical, dental, and vision, and much more!)
- HSA, FSA, life insurance, long term disability, commuter benefits, and tons of ancillary benefit options!
- 401k match
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 2 years
- Flexible work schedules
- Public recognition platform
- Virtual happy hours
- Work sponsored events
- Tons of educational opportunities
- Creative workspace
- Great onsite benefits (chiropractor, meditation services, gym, breakfast and snacks, and more!)
Helium 10 needs EXPERTS! If you are an experienced Technology Leader and would like to join the Helium 10 family please apply today!