We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As our IT service desk technician, you will work with a small team to support colleagues with our core needs for IT hardware and basic software support. You will provide base-level support including setting up hardware, installing software, imaging workstations, and working with other members in IT to resolve issues. You will report directly to our Systems Security Manager at our Everett, WA office.
- Provide technical support to users with varying technical abilities
- Perform assessment for tickets, including prioritization of work
- Help refine processes and guides for use by other IT team members or general staff
- Provide input to improve IT services and company practices
- Comply with all company and department procedures
- Use a ticketing queue to improve work with other IT team members
- Help achieve team and company plans
- Help maintain an accurate IT asset inventory
- Troubleshoot basic computer issues, including hardware and software
- Document steps performed for a given task into writing
- Follow guidelines and procedures related to privacy and cybersecurity
- Help with password resets, lockouts, and related security support (multi-factor authentication)
- Support a variety of equipment including laptops, desktops, printers, conference equipment, peripherals, and more
- Escalate issues that require input or assistance from other team members
- 1 year of IT service experience, or 6 months of experience with a related degree
- Knowledge of fundamental IT service desk practices and basic principles, such as password resets for multiple systems, windows application installation, application troubleshooting, and workstation imaging
- Knowledge in deciphering non-technical descriptions of technical problems
- Flexible to occasionally scheduled off-hours work
The pay range for this position is $55k-95k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate's experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.