We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As our System Security Administrator, you will work as part of a team to support the maintenance, management, and troubleshooting of our system software and hardware. You will help ensure the security and functionality of our systems while learning and developing your skills in the field. You are ready to collaborate with team members and users with varying levels of technical expertise. You will report directly to our Systems Security Manager at our Everett, WA office.
- Support the development and documentation of systems administration's standard operating procedures, and enforce these procedures
- Help maintain and document baseline system security following organizational policies
- Help manage user accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment
- Help verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures
- Provide support for system installation, updates, and troubleshooting
- Help monitor system hardware availability, functionality, and efficiency along with tuning alerting, as our needs change
- Help manage system and server resources, including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Help maintain system and server configurations
- Help diagnose, address, and repair faulty system and server hardware
- Help troubleshoot hardware and software interface and interoperability issues
- Be an interim IT Service Desk escalation point while we grow the team and refine processes
- Experience with configuration and use of software-based computer protection tools (e.g., software firewalls, antivirus software, anti-spyware, EDR tools)
- Troubleshoot issues as it pertains to OS, application, network, and hardware
- Experience installing system and component upgrades
- Competent in maintenance of directory services (e.g., Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP)
- Competent in operating system administration, including account maintenance, data backups, system performance maintenance, and hardware/software installation and configuration
- Competent understanding and usage of virtualization technologies (e.g., Microsoft Hyper-V)
- 3+ years of experience in system administration
- Familiarity with Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) systems
The pay range for this position is $75k-120k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate's experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.