We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We’re looking for a thoughtful and passionate People Operations Generalist to join our team. As a People Operations Generalist, you will play a prominent role in our team’s mission to create an inclusive, engaging workplace where our team members can excel and make a meaningful impact. We pride ourselves in making Helion a great place for employees to build amazing things. You will report directly to our People Operations Manager at our Everett, WA office.
- Administer our benefit plans, process new hire and change enrollments, partner with vendors, and work with brokers and our learning team to promote employee benefits education
- Evaluate the inclusiveness and value of current benefit programs (i.e. health, wellness, retirement) and make recommendations for improvement
- Support the continuous improvement of policies to ensure we are supported and scaling
- Stay up-to-date with labor laws and regulations, ensuring we remain in compliance
- Be a trusted advisor and mediator for employee concerns and conflicts, promoting resolution and a positive work environment
- Develop an environment to promote positive employee relations and successful business practices
- Conduct exit interviews and use feedback to improve retention strategies
- Manage personnel files ensuring documents are kept current, accurate, confidential, and in compliance
- Maintain compliance reports for state and federal agencies
- Administer People Operations applications for our team and company, evaluate effectiveness, and make recommendations for improvement as we grow
- Keep in close communication with teammates
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of HR regulations, compliance, and best practices
- Relevant experience in benefits, employee relations, or HR technology
- Experience solving different types of problems related to the HR field
- Experience with policy and handbook management
- Demonstrated project management skills
HR certification (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR)
The pay range for this position is $70k-121k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.