We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with firmware development experience to help us improve and scale our equipment and diagnostics suite. You will work with Electrical Engineer designers and I.T. to develop intelligent next-generation, in-house data acquisition capabilities and electronic instruments. You will also set up reliable firmware and software infrastructure and pipelines. You will report directly to our Electrical Engineering Manager at our Everett, WA office.
- Work with microcontrollers, FPGAs, and different software
- Understand electrical engineering schematics
- Have code organization and version control
- Learn from historical engineering approaches, design novel hardware, and test your solutions
- Apply both engineering first-principles and method-based thinking to challenging problems
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ for embedded microcontroller development
- Microcontroller RTOS
- Proficiency in Python within Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with a variety of communication protocols including CAN, RS-422/485, Ethernet, SPI, I2C
- System-level integration experience and troubleshooting
- Firmware bring-up and troubleshooting of PCBAs with JTAG, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc
- Experience working with PCBA manufacturers and test engineers for production firmware flashing and BIT
The pay range for this position is $122k-190k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.