We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to help us with control systems, health checks, and plasma diagnostics by designing and fabricating analog and digital electronic circuits, including op-amp, passive and active filter circuits, and PCB design and installation. You will also develop next-generation in-house data acquisition capabilities and electronic instruments. You will report directly to our Electrical Engineering Manager at our Everett, WA office.
- Learn from historical engineering approaches, design novel hardware, and test your solutions
- Have end-to-end ownership over product design from requirements capture through design process (e.g. DCR, PDR, CDR, quality, deployment, support)
- Perform qualification and testing plans on new or modified designs
- Improve upon our legacy designs to promote better scaling and documentation
- Apply both engineering first-principles and method-based thinking to challenging problems
- Develop new diagnostic and health-check systems for our large-scale pulsed power infrastructure
- Work and learn hands-on, alongside mentors and seasoned vets in both fusion research and pulsed HV power, and experienced technicians to grow and improve your hardware designs
- Fix hardware issues as they arise on integrated fusion generators
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with PCBAs through their life cycle (requirements gathering, circuit design, and layout to manufacturing, test, and support) for power electronics, high speed embedded systems, analog sensing, or high reliability circuits
- Comfortable with different circuit layout and simulation tools (e.g. KiCAD, LT Spice, SIMPLIS, Altium)
- Experience designing power electronics, and analog and digital circuits, in high-noise environments
- Experience with communication protocols (industrial ethernet, SPI, I2C, CAN), ADC and DAC, and embedded controllers
- Experience with control theory – loop gain, phase, stability
The pay range for this position is $115k-170k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate's experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.