We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are hiring an Integration and Test Engineer to own the integration and test plans for Helion's fusion generator prototypes, starting with our next-generation machine, Polaris. You will solve diverse engineering problems that are necessary for deploying fusion energy to the world. You will be a culture driver on a growing team and will report directly to our Mechanical Engineering Manager at our Everett, WA office.
- Own and understand subsystem designs such as electromagnetic, structural, fluid, thermal and control systems, improve their requirements, and improve their integration
- Develop the high-level timelines for building our generators, working with the Production and Testing teams to optimize workflow
- Design fusion hardware and tooling within CAD software (e.g. NX, Solidworks)
- Learn from experts to expand your engineering skillset and domain knowledge
- Work hands-on alongside experienced technicians to implement your hardware
- Troubleshoot hardware issues as they arise on integrated fusion generators
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience delivering on full-scope engineering projects (including schedule ownership)
- Experience applying engineering first-principles and method-based thinking to challenging problems
- Hands-on exposure to a variety of engineering disciplines (mechanical, electrical, fluids)
- Advanced experience with CAD software (e.g. NX, Solidworks)
The pay range for this position is $125k-180k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate's experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.