We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As our Controller, you'll develop Helion's month-end closing activities, ensuring accuracy in accounting and cost management, and providing insight into financial analysis. Partnering with our Finance Director, you'll create clear financial reports and commentary tailored for our leadership team. Your expertise will lead coordination of our statutory filings, annual audit and finance partnerships with external advisors. Furthermore, your leadership will shape Helion's budgeting and forecasting practices, financial modeling methods and corporate governance. You will report to the Finance Director and work at our Everett, WA office.
- Direct the daily accounting operations, spanning from accounts payable cycle, to fixed asset accounting, general ledger, and payroll
- Uphold the accounting accuracy following GAAP and other regulatory requirements
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, including preparation of financial statements and variance analysis
- Develop and document accounting procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls
- Develop insightful and applicable financial reporting and commentary to Helion leadership
- Manage the coordination of annual audit and tax reporting processes
- Develop financial models and provide analysis to support leadership decision-making
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data and systems
- Manage relationships with external vendors, such as auditors and tax advisors
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the accounting team and other finance partners across Helion
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in accounting or finance, with at least 3 years in experience leading projects and collaborating on projects spanning across multiple departments.
- Prior experience in the manufacturing, energy or technology industry
- Knowledge of GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Experience managing relationships with external vendors, such as auditors and tax advisors
- Subject matter expert in the optimization of multiple enterprise resource planning (ERP) business tools and applications
The pay range for this position is $149k-195k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.