We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
As Helion's Safety Manager, you will build company-wide safety programs that ensure the rapid delivery of fusion electricity to the world while maintaining a safe environment. You will work with technical partners to define processes and stand up the framework for a safety culture. You will report directly to our VP of People & Workplace Operations at our Everett, WA office.
- Establish and lead our Safety Committee with the primary goal of promoting a culture of workplace safety, facilitating open communication on safety matters, and collaboratively developing safety policies and programs to ensure the well-being of all employees
- Steward our safety culture by promoting a shared mindset where safety is everyone's responsibility, promoting an environment where safety practices are ingrained in daily operations, and emphasizing its significance in preventing accidents, injuries, and ensuring a safe and healthy workplace
- Conduct a comprehensive evaluation of current safety processes, pinpoint areas of improvement, and create a roadmap for the complete implementation of all safety plans
- Maintain safety-related documentation including hazmat storage, equipment maintenance, equipment training, and internal material handling and electrical certifications
- Provide guidance and support to staff in the development and successful execution of job hazard analyses, high risk work instructions, and materials handling processes
- Walk through production areas to ensure safe practices are being followed and improve safety considerations
- Work hands-on with teams to solve safety-related problems
- Develop and implement policies to ensure compliance with OSHA and other regulatory legal guidelines, including Electrical installations and testing, Contractor management, Incident investigation, and Hazmat management
- Develop metrics for tracking compliance to safety programs and create corrective actions for deficiencies exhibited
- 10+ years of experience working in a manufacturing or R&D environment
- 5+ years of experience working in a safety management capacity
- Expertise with safety policy implementation and management
The pay range for this position is $95k-145k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate's experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.