We are building something never done before.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity.
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before.
Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are hiring a Sr. Supplier Development Engineer to work with suppliers to make parts for fusion generators. You will solve technical problems, develop our supplier's quality systems, and accelerate Helion's transition from rapid prototyping to mass generator manufacturing, thus delivering on Helion's mission of providing clean electricity to the planet. You will report to our Director of Operations at our Everett, WA office.
- Collaborate with design engineers to gain an in-depth knowledge of part, assembly, and sub-system design intent
- Assess suppliers' manufacturing processes and quality systems to source parts, in partnership with procurement team
- Support product ramp from new product introduction through to high-volume manufacturing
- Define supplier technical and quality specifications based on engineering and program requirements
- Implement and monitor the production part approval process (PPAP) with selected suppliers to promote rate production
- Ensure suppliers understand requirements for document submissions (e.g., first article inspection reports, quality documentation)
- Develop and approve process controls for important characteristics
- Recommend technical product improvements to reduce risk and potential defect opportunities
- Analyze supplier quality and delivery metrics to identify trends and systemic performance gaps to improve plans
- Coordinate between suppliers, engineers, buyers, and production to resolve supplier quality issues
- Guide supplier corrective actions associated with escapes or containments identified in production or the supply chain
- Improve the supply chain
- Help build the supplier quality program and team at Helion
- Help develop receiving inspection and quality standards
- 5+ years of engineering, manufacturing, or supply chain experience—including school projects, clubs, or internships—in mechanical or electrical systems
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline, or relevant field
- Experience managing external suppliers
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes (e.g., production part approval process, advanced product quality planning, first article inspection reports)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and methods (e.g., design of experiments, Six Sigma)
- Experience with quality systems (ISO 9000 / TS)
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time
The pay range for this position is $120k-170k. This pay range may be inclusive of several career levels and will be narrowed based on several factors, including the candidate's experience and qualifications.
13 company-wide holidays
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.