We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
What You Will Be Doing:
Our Power Project Developer will oversee the development of a new large-scale power project. You will manage the project from site selection and securing permits through to construction and commissioning. We are looking for experience in project management, site selection, and a working knowledge of permitting requirements. You will report directly to our Chief Business Officer.
- Identify and evaluate potential sites for the project, taking into consideration land use, access to transmission lines, and other relevant factors
- Secure necessary permits and approvals, including environmental permits, land-use permits, and construction permits
- Submit interconnection applications and guide projects through the interconnection study process, including working with both internal and external engineers and technical consultants to prepare interconnection designs and respond to utility RFIs
- Develop and manage project timelines, budgets, and resource allocation plans
- Consult with the teams designing and engineering the facilities, ensuring compliance with all relevant codes and standards
- Coordinate construction activities, including subcontractor management and onsite safety measures
- Manage project commissioning and startup, including equipment testing and integration with the grid
- Ensure project goals are met on time and within budget, and communicate progress and challenges to senior management
- Manage commercial relationships during the development process, including submitting status reports, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations, and fulfilling conditions precedent to commercial operation
- 10+ years of experience in power project development, with experience delivering multi-million-dollar power and infrastructure assets to commercial operation
- Experience with power markets, interconnection and transmission, real estate and title, land use permitting, and environmental regulations
- Ability to work well with various stakeholders, including government officials, community members, and project partners
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $115k - $200k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.