We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
What You Will Be Doing:
As our Controller, you will oversee the accounting and financial operations of the company. You will work with members of the executive team to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data and compliance with regulatory requirements and will lead the accounting team in daily operations and financial reporting. You will report directly to our Chief Business Officer.
- Oversee the daily accounting operations of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
- Ensure accurate financial reporting observing GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, including the preparation of financial statements and variance analysis
- Develop accounting procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls
- Manage the annual audit and tax reporting process
- Develop financial models to support decision-making
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data and systems
- Provide financial analysis to support decision-making
- Guide creation and help support cost accounting function
- Manage relationships with external vendors, such as auditors and tax advisors
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the accounting team
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, with at least 3 years in a senior leadership role
- Experience in the manufacturing, energy or technology industry
- Knowledge of GAAP and regulatory requirements
- Experience managing financial operations on a large-scale
- Experience managing relationships with external vendors, such as auditors and tax advisors
- Experience being a finance subject matter expert in the optimization of multiple enterprise resource planning (ERP) business tools and applications
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $150k-$220k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.