We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
What You Will Be Doing:
Helion is hiring a Senior Electrical Technician to help us build high-power circuits used for testing high-voltage components and assemblies, as well as operate and troubleshoot them. You will work with engineers in both R&D and production environments to build unique, reliable components. This role reports directly to our Senior Capacitor Design Leader.
- Build high-power, high-voltage circuits from schematics and bills of material, and integrate with safety and control systems
- Debug, troubleshoot, and repair circuits
- Document your work, including operating instructions
- Make electrical and dimensional measurements and record data
- Operate systems to test components and assemblies
- Assist in training other users
- Follows safety procedures
- Advanced experience with oscilloscopes, multimeters, and other instruments
- Understand and be able to use basic electrical principles, including Ohm’s Law
- Proficient skill with interpretations of electrical schematics
- Enjoys hands-on work, learning, and new challenges
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Previous experience with high-voltage
- Manufacturing experience
- Proficient using MS Office
- Associates degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of experience preferred
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $30/hr-$42/hr. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.