We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
What You Will Be Doing:
Helion is hiring a Director of Production to lead the manufacturing and assembly of Helion’s fusion generators and subscale plasma devices. This position provides a unique opportunity to mentor and grow talented leaders, craft strategic plans, and personally accelerate Helion’s transition from rapid prototyping to mass generator manufacturing, thus delivering on Helion’s mission of providing clean electricity to the planet.
- Directly manage and mentor the leaders of Helion’s Machining and Production teams
- Work with Helion’s executive leaders to establish goals for the Production team that align with the company’s strategic plan, and take full ownership of successfully executing these goals
- Mentor production managers and supervisors on headcount planning, work center design, technician hiring and training, milestone, and rate-based goal setting, and performance management
- Build out strategic machine shop capabilities (mills, lathes, water jets, dimensional inspection)to enable rapid prototyping, near-term milestone execution, and long-term capability expansion
- Establish partnerships and processes with Engineering and Operations teams to improve the Production team’s ability to execute (part tracking, work instructions, scheduling, etc)
- Provide design-for-manufacturability feedback, both on existing hardware to accelerate near-term milestones, and on long-term technology changes to set Helion up for success
- Improve Helion’s plan for generator mass-production, including incorporating changes based on new generator data, refining factory models, and communicating updates to the executive team
- Experience managing technical organizations
- Hands-on engineering or production experience in rapid hardware prototyping and iteration, or rate-based, high-volume manufacturing
- Exceptional track record of leading technical employees with diverse experience levels and backgrounds
- Demonstrated success in cradle-to-grave ownership of complex engineering or production scopes
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience preferred
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $160k-205k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.