We are building something never done before.
You have an exciting opportunity ahead of you. This is your chance to join us in our mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with clean, reliable, and abundant energy for everyone. It’s our hope you will join us in the journey ahead.
Our mission is courageous, and we’re looking for brilliant people who want to make a positive impact on the world. As a Helion team member, you will shape the future. You will build things that have never been built to help stop carbon emissions, promote energy independence, and end energy poverty.
We move fast, prioritize what matters, and iterate quickly so we can accelerate everything we do. At Helion, we grow and learn together while working with never-before-seen technology. As part of the team, you will work with the world’s leading scientists, engineers, and technicians to build a world-changing fusion machine.
Now is a great time to join Helion. Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean energy from fusion a reality.
What You Will Be Doing:
As the Director of Talent Acquisition at Helion, you will work with a team of professionals to implement hiring strategies, coach team members, and collaborate with leaders across the organization to create a top-tier talent process. Key responsibilities include setting hiring priorities, managing team performance, driving diversity sourcing and hiring efforts, continuously improving team processes, and mentoring team members. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of hiring exceptional talent as well as management experience building and leading exceptional talent acquisition teams. This role will report directly to our VP of People.
- Help to create and implement hiring strategies centered on high-quality and diverse hires, process efficiency, strong candidate management, and a collaborative sharing of best practices in order to achieve annual hiring plans
- Own the recruiting process across the organization, partnering with stakeholders to ensure consistency and optimization across all teams
- Develop and implement DEI recruiting strategies and best practices across the whole recruiting process and ensure each role has a diverse candidate pool
- Anticipate the needs of the Talent Acquisition team to effectively support business growth
- Define and set team performance goals and metrics while managing the team to effectively deliver on these metrics, often reporting performance to key stakeholders
- Identify and define areas of improvement and implement impactful and measurable solutions
- Partner continuously with the VP of People on structure and capabilities required within the Talent Acquisition team
- Maintain responsibility for accurate and transparent hiring plans that are publicly accessible
- Mentor, guide, and grow the careers of all Talent team members and drive engaging team culture based on Helion’s core values in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Proven experience in a high-growth environment building a Talent Acquisition strategy and team in order to hire at scale
- Consistent track record with sourcing, recruiting, and closing extraordinary talent (especially passive)
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Expert in applicant-tracking software and other recruitment systems
- Able to deliver results across multiple concurrent initiatives while demonstrating solid analytical skills and ability to work with metrics, numbers, and trends within a changing environment
- Excellent people management skills, enabling the Talent Acquisition team to reach their full potential
- Effective communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members and stakeholders
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $160k-260k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. Our vision is a world with clean, reliable, and affordable electricity for everyone. Currently, we are scaling up our latest plasma accelerator prototype to make our vision a reality.
We’re hiring brilliant scientists, engineers, and builders passionate about developing world-changing technologies. If that sounds like you, join our team.
Who We Are
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers, and we are on a mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. We believe fusion energy can truly change the world. It will solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Ultimately, we are striving to make the world a better place for everyone.
Our Core Values
We live by a set of five core values that guide everything we do. We challenge one another to uphold these values to create a mission-driven and values-oriented culture:
Get things done - Build stuff that works - Be extraordinary - Have courage - Character
Click here to learn more about life at Helion.
- 21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) for all employees
- 13 Holidays
- 10 days of Sick Time
- 3% employer 401K contribution matching
- Generous share options scheme
- Parental Leave
- Free snacks and soft drinks
- Monthly sponsored lunches with the organization
- Monthly sponsored events with your team
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short/Long Term Disability
Helion is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer:
NOTE: Women and minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they fit the description in totality. We believe in hiring individuals. If you do not check all of the boxes, we still encourage you to apply. If this job isn't a fit, we have many other openings that may be one.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This position is subject to a background check related to its duties and responsibilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations or request more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that we require all visitors to be up to date on their COVID vaccination or wear a mask for the duration of their stay.**