We are building something never done before.
You have an exciting opportunity ahead of you. This is your chance to join us in our mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with clean, reliable, and abundant energy for everyone. It’s our hope you will join us in the journey ahead.
Our mission is courageous, and we’re looking for brilliant people who want to make a positive impact on the world. As a Helion team member, you will shape the future. You will build things that have never been built to help stop carbon emissions, promote energy independence, and end energy poverty.
We move fast, prioritize what matters, and iterate quickly so we can accelerate everything we do. At Helion, we grow and learn together while working with never-before-seen technology. As part of the team, you will work with the world’s leading scientists, engineers, and technicians to build a world-changing fusion machine.
Now is a great time to join Helion. Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean energy from fusion a reality.
Helion is hiring a Multi Physics Simulation Engineer to own interdisciplinary analyses of high-field electromagnet designs and other structural designs required for Helion’s fusion generator prototypes. This position provides a unique opportunity to solve tough multidisciplinary problems that are critical to demonstrating the viability of fusion energy, while also laying the groundwork for high-reliability commercialized hardware.
What you’ll be doing –
In this position, you will own Helion’s analysis workflow for high-field electromagnets and other critical structural designs. This will require experience in using nonlinear finite element modeling analyses technique to generate performance margins, improve design cycle iteration time, and push for impactful design changes.
- Owning and improving Helion’s analysis workflow for critical structures (electromagnets)
- Running transient structural finite-element models to generate margins for critical designs
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary engineering team to improve critical hardware designs
- Learning from in-house experts to expand your skillset into electrical and thermal analysis
- Hands-on testing to correlate and improve structural (and electrical, and thermal) analysis
About you –
- You have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, with a minimum of 3 years of hands-on engineering experience.
- Experience in taking complex analysis problems from formulation through hardware testing and model correlation.
- Desire to positively impact complex structural designs, rather than just execute on analysis
- Experience with structural finite-element analysis using tools such as ANSYS and FEMAP
- Expert level understanding of solid mechanics and structural dynamics (modal, transient)
- Experience using principles of fatigue, crack initiation and propagation to prevent failures
- Desired-Not-Required – Experience in electromagnetic and thermal finite element modeling
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $110k - $185k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. Our vision is a world with clean, reliable, and affordable electricity for everyone. Currently, we are scaling up our latest plasma accelerator prototype to make our vision a reality.
We’re hiring brilliant scientists, engineers, and builders passionate about developing world-changing technologies. If that sounds like you, join our team.
Who We Are
We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers, and we are on a mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant. We believe fusion energy can truly change the world. It will solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Ultimately, we are striving to make the world a better place for everyone.
Our Core Values
We live by a set of five core values that guide everything we do. We challenge one another to uphold these values to create a mission-driven and values-oriented culture:
Get things done - Build stuff that works - Be extraordinary - Have courage - Character
Click here to learn more about life at Helion.
- 21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) for all employees
- 13 Holidays
- 10 days of Sick Time
- 3% employer 401K contribution matching
- Generous share options scheme
- Parental Leave
- Free snacks and soft drinks
- Monthly sponsored lunches with the organization
- Monthly sponsored events with your team
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short/Long Term Disability
Helion is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Veterans Employer:
NOTE: Women and minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they fit the description in totality. We believe in hiring individuals. If you do not check all of the boxes, we still encourage you to apply. If this job isn't a fit, we have many other openings that may be one.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This position is subject to a background check related to its duties and responsibilities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations or request more information: email@example.com.
**Please note that we require all visitors to be up to date on their COVID vaccination or wear a mask for the duration of their stay.**