We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
What You Will Be Doing:
Helion is hiring a Production Supervisor to lead a team of technicians in the assembly of Helion’s fusion generators and subscale plasma devices. This position provides a unique opportunity to drive technical progress through strategic planning, creative problem solving, and mentorship of technicians on the Production Team.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to establish production goals that align with Helion’s strategic plan and take full ownership of their successful completion
- Lead a team of technicians to successfully complete production goals by creating schedules, assigning responsibilities, and designing efficient workflows
- Empower technicians to realize their full potential through open discussions about their professional development and tactful delivery of critical feedback
- Develop, implement, and enforce processes to assemble, test, and troubleshoot electromechanical components
- Oversee integration of electromechanical components and systems to the fusion generator’s primary structure
- Define safety and quality standards and ensure they are met throughout the entire production process
- Experience as a Production Supervisor in a rate-based, high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience as an Electrical or Mechanical Technician focused on rapid prototyping and iteration
- Ability to squat, reach, climb, and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience designing efficient work centers
- Experience hiring talented technicians
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Associate degree in manufacturing or related field preferred
Per Washington Equal Pay and Opportunity Act the range for this position is $80 - $110k. Actual salary is based on education, experience, and other qualifying skill sets.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.