We are building something never done before. Helion is a fusion power company based in Everett, WA, with the mission to build the world’s first fusion power plant, enabling a future with unlimited clean electricity. We are a team of engineers, scientists, and makers that believe fusion energy can solve climate change on a global scale and ensure energy independence while making electricity more affordable than ever before. Now is a great time to join Helion! Bring your skills, experiences, and determination to make a difference in the world. Together, we can make a future with unlimited clean electricity from fusion a reality
- Problem Solver -- you can identify areas for improvement and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinker – you use reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, are skilled at assigning metrics to objectively evaluate options, and connect your work back to the application.
- A forward thinker who is always looking ahead for their next project, this position is someone who likes looking at the big picture to understand future projects
- Experience writing input files, running MCNP6, and using MATLAB or Python scripts to process data,
- Willingness to continue education and learn more on the job,
- Bachelors or postgraduate degree in nuclear engineering, physics, mathematics, or related field, or equivalent Experience with MCNP and fundamentals of nuclear physics
Desired Experience (not required)
- Using SpaceClaim to model simple geometries,
- Activation analysis using ORIGEN/SCALE, FISPACT, SERPENT, or similar codes,
- Understanding of shielding and common rules/materials for neutrons and photons,
- Involvement in professional societies such as the American Nuclear Society and/or IEEE.
10 company holidays + winter break (Dec. 24 – Jan. 1)
31 days of PTO (10 sick and 21 vacation days)
3% employer 401K contribution matching
Equity plan offered to all employees
Employee share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision
Short- and long-term Disability
Monthly sponsored events and subsidized snack program
NOTE: Underrepresented people are less likely to apply unless they meet 100% of the job's requirements. We believe in hiring people, not checklists, and encourage you to apply even if you do not check all of the boxes. If this job isn't the one, we have many other openings that may be a fit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. If we reach out to you to begin an interview process, we will also ask if you require any reasonable accommodation at that time.