Work on the new era of digital culture.
We strive to recognize and reward culture creators with the latest web3 philosophies around ownership.
Heir Inc. was born out of the desire to uplift and empower the next generation of athletes (and creators) with innovative technology and tools to deepen engagement and monetization with their audiences. HEIR presents a new opportunity for athletes (and creators) to engage with their most loyal supporters, define new revenue streams and digital enterprises, and position their brands for the future, into the Web 3.0 universe.
Heir Inc.’s mission is to provide the next evolution of digital culture to the world. We aim to redefine the perspective and functionality of digital culture while creating benefits for original culture creators and those who consume it early.
Our founding team brings experience from the White House, Robinhood, Nike, and Jordan Brand and has worked with athletes and entertainers including Steph Curry, Michael Jordan, Beyonce, Travis Scott, and The Weeknd.
HEIR is backed by Thrive Capital (investors in Instagram, Stripe, Slack, Robinhood, Github) and pro athletes and has raised $10M in seed funding.
About the role
We are excited to bring a talented, experienced, and driven Senior Full Stack Engineer to our core team. As an early team member, you will play a leading role in developing and building experiences, infrastructure, and services that drive our product for consumers. You will be working across the stack using React.js / React Native, tRPC, Typescript, Postgres and Serverless on AWS. In addition, you will gain an unparalleled opportunity to understand athletes and help develop groundbreaking web3 technology.
- Architect and design core product features from start to finish; from conception and research to implementation and iteration, all the way through deployment, maintenance, and future iterations
- Help architect and build performant backend systems for serving our core features
- Think holistically about how parts of our systems fit together from the UX to the underlying APIs and data models
- Mentor and train other team members on best practices and approaching large ambiguous problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to prioritize, scope, and architect new features
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on impact; balancing moving fast and building for the long haul
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architectures
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability
- 8+ years of industry experience building scalable and performant production UIs and APIs using a stack similar but not limited to React / React Native, Typescript
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion or experience for web3 or crypto technologies
- Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment
- Personal projects or achievements (e.g. programming olympiads, hackathons, participation in well-known open source projects, top-ranked apps, etc.)