Hebbia is reinventing the search engine to intelligently answer the world's most complex questions. Our AI understands and reasons over written knowledge to synthesize meaningful responses for users in seconds. We develop advanced algorithms and platforms that enable businesses to leverage the power of AI for enhanced decision-making, automation, and optimization. Our team of experts is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of innovation and delivering impactful solutions across various industries. We've raised significant funding from Peter Thiel, Index Ventures (via Mike Volpi), Jerry Yang (founder of Yahoo), Ram Sriram (one of the first investors in Google), and others, and have built the fastest-moving team in the world.
As a Software Engineer at Hebbia AI, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and delivering high-quality software solutions that support our AI-driven products and services. You will own major product features across the stack from design to launch. You'll have close feedback loops with users and with our Customer Success team. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, and domain experts to architect scalable systems, implement robust software components, and ensure the reliability and performance of our software platforms. Your technical expertise, leadership abilities, and problem-solving skills will contribute to the success of our AI products and shape the future of our technology stack.
This role is based out of our New York City office in Soho.
- Own product features: Take a customer need and turn it into an operationally-excellent build
- Meet with users: Serve as a deployed engineer to drive production contracts and upsells
- Deliver a world-class UI: Craft delightful experiences that redefine what it means to be a search engine
- Unlock universal indexing: Build integrations that allow customers to index any content in the world
- Iterate on publication-grade ML: Ideate on new ML approaches to drive step-change increases in search quality
Who You Are
-Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field. A strong academic background with coursework in data structures, algorithms, and software development is preferred.
-5+ years software development experience at a venture-backed startup or top technology firm.
- Proficiency in Python and popular machine learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn) for model development and deployment.
- Deep expertise in one or multiple: full-stack development, platform engineering, ML, infrastructure, security
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS) and their machine learning services for scalable model deployment is a plus.
-Problem-solving and analytical skills: Ability to analyze complex problems, propose innovative solutions, and effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
-Leadership and teamwork: Proven experience in leading software development projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
-Continuous learning mindset: Enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional growth. A passion for exploring new technologies, frameworks, and software development methodologies.
-Embraces rapid prototyping with an emphasis on user feedback
-Autonomous and excited about taking ownership over major initiatives.