Are you an electrical engineer with analog/digital hardware design and firmware experience who loves to create, face difficult problems head on, and thrives in a fast-paced environment?
We are looking for an experienced, multi-disciplined electrical engineer with strong trade-space intuition to join the R&D team to create future medical IoT devices that augment capabilities of our unique cardiovascular monitoring system. You will help us rapidly prototype and evaluate new concepts, and support transition to an FDA regulated product development process. You must be a hands-on team player with a passion for technology, attention to detail, and strong design skills. The successful candidate will be a clear communicator, able to work independently, thrive in a startup environment, and be open to taking on new responsibilities. This position is based in Rochester, NY.
- Rapidly translate high level requirements into concepts for iterative test and refinement.
- Design and prototyping of integrated electrical, mechanical, and software systems.
- Manage external consultants as needed to support prototype development.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of engineers, developers, and designers.
- Document requirements, design, and test results consistent with the quality system.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing embedded electronic systems.
- Advanced knowledge of analog and digital electronics design and test / characterization.
- Proficiency with firmware development to support prototype systems.
- Proficiency with PC-based software applications for hardware interface and control.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Competency with statistical analyses.
- Comfortable with basic PCB layout.
- Experience with sensor integration and signal conditioning.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD, model making, electro-mechanical prototyping, and robotics.
At Heart Health Intelligence, we empower the world’s caregivers with access to reliable, consistent vital signs so they can improve and extend the lives of those we love.
HHI provides competitive salaries and benefits and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.