Heartbeat Technologies, INC - Director of Technology
Location: Venice CA
Heartbeat is the world's largest marketplace for Millennial and Gen Z consumers who act as influencers for brands, provide feedback, and collaborate to help brands grow.
Highlights: 350% YoY growth, 25 F/T team and nearly profitable, generating 8-12% of sponsored content on Instagram, will generating 25k+ survey responses daily will generate 25M+ this year, named best place to work by BuiltinLA for 2018. Founders are Techstars LA grads with entrepreneurial and domain expertise.
Heartbeat is looking for a Director of Technology that is excited to lead our growing developer team around our vision for a marketplace around consumers engaging with brands filled with thousands of brands and millions of consumers. We’re scaling fast, solving massive industry problems with technology, and planning on growing the dev team by 10-20 people over the next 18 months.
- Manage and mentor a software development team (Web & App) of 5 people.
- Must have the ability to write and review code while leading the team.
- Expand company culture of data-driven thinking
- Work closely with the product manager and executive team to define the future of company product offerings
- Technical knowledge in scalable distributed systems, data infrastructure, machine learning; proven track record of implementing new systems and products in industry setting
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably, efficiently, and securely
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- 5+ years of professional software development
- 2+ years of employee management
- 3+ years of SQL database and data architecture
- 1+ years of professional React Native
- 3+ years of either Python, Java, or PHP
- 3+ years using Linux
- You have some professional experience with NoSQL databases
- You led the growth of a tech team that you either inherited or started from scratch
- You must have startup experience. We want someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a small company, but has experienced scaling an enterprise size and revenues at least once in your career.
- Prefer someone that learns very quickly and picks things up very fast. The CEO wants someone who stays up at night thinking of new things to build. The CEO loves people who are self-taught, and super smart, and nice -- no giant egos.
- You must have stellar references from employers and also at least 3 employees whom you have directly managed