Healthgrades is seeking a Sales Prospector to join our team in the Detroit/Rochester, Michigan area. The Sales Prospector identifies potential clients, contacts potential clients to open a business relationship, and gains commitment to meet with a company representative to discuss the client’s business and marketing needs and the company’s ability to fill those needs.
What you will do:
- Identifies specific customer segments and industry verticals through market research
- Seeks referrals from current customers, internal stakeholders, and industry network contacts
- Creates, maintains, and updates a database of leads, contact information, contact dates, commitments, etc.
- Creates contact and nurturing plans for potential clients
- Drafts sales scripts and marketing materials for prospecting methods including cold calling, email marketing, direct mail, social networking, and/or referrals
- Attends networking events, trade shows, and conferences to develop new contacts and referrals
- Contacts potential clients to make introductions and share the company’s value proposition
- Follows up initial contact with ongoing communications and value-added information sharing
- Obtaining Commitments for Appointments
- Focuses communication activities on gaining commitment for an appointment with company sales and/or marketing representatives
- Schedules meetings with client and company representatives and confirms who will be attending
- Maintains consistent contact with client to ensure appointment is kept and meets clients’ expectations
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ experience in sales
- Capacity to develop industry connections and generate sales leads
- Strong relationship building skills with clients and across the organization
- Ability to communicate company value proposition to clients
- Ability to respond effectively to questions about the company and its products, services, and capabilities
- Ability to gain commitment to schedule an appointment for stakeholders from the client and the company
- Ability to model company values while performing job duties
- Time management skills to set priorities and complete tasks and meet deadlines
- Demeanor to respond calmly, quickly, and decisively to unpredictable or unexpected events and changes
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right healthcare decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!