As a Lead Data Engineer on Healthgrades' Facility Data as a Service team, you will develop and maintain database functionality to support corporate products and services, focused on mastering healthcare claims data for consumption across Healthgrades' products. You will collaborate with multi-functional database and product development teams using Agile / Scrum, SQL Server, .Net and Open Source technology.
In this role, you will implement database technologies and development processes to support database development for a Data Platform that is changing the game. On this product, we are currently transitioning our Microsoft technology stacks to other Open Source technology stacks, so experience or interest in learning those tools is a plus. If you are passionate about growing your expertise in these technologies, this will be a great opportunity for you.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee day-to-day operational matters, provide training, and supervise performance related to company and individual OKRs
- Lead and manage complex development projects including plans, designs, technical leadership, schedules, and resource allocation while also being a hands-on engineer
- Build and maintain complex T-SQL statements that perform efficiently against large data sets
- Performance tune large Data Warehousing platforms, with a focus on schema bound views, database partitioning, and etl/query optimization
- Build and maintain Windows Workflow Engine Packages and Models using Windows Workflow Foundation
- Create and maintain automated ETL processes with special focus on data flow, error recovery, and exception handling and reporting
- Create and modify data models and implementations as they relate to RDBMS, DW, and BI
- Design of specialized data structures for the purpose of data consumption by a public facing website and/or Business Analytics data visualization
- Load, process and migrate incoming data feeds and create outgoing data extracts
- Create and maintain documentation to support developed applications
What You Will Bring:
- Ability to participate in a culture of communication, collaboration and creativity
- Previous experience in a lead or management role with direct reports
- Strong RDBMS and Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016 skills
- SQL Programming / ETL and data architecture management experience
- Experience building and maintaining database structures, ETL processes, stored procedures, audit reports, data extracts, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, etc. to meet project objectives
- Perform Unit Tests and internal QA checks to insure high quality work
- Good collaboration and idea sharing in team environment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
It's Nice If You Bring This Too:
- Data modeling and corporate-level data management experience
- Previously worked with Windows Workflow Foundation, Windows Workflow Designer and Windows Presentation Foundation technologies
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Aurora, MySQL, Spark, Streamsets, Kafka, Python, and Scala is a plus
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game - evolving, dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- participating in local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!