Heal is revolutionizing the $2.4 trillion healthcare industry by changing the way every day Americans see doctors, with on-demand doctor house calls. Heal has proven that doctor-house calls can radically improve medical outcomes and save the healthcare industry billions of dollars. The company promises to transform medicine from a factory-like, impersonal system into a highly personalized and effective solution where doctors can practice what they are passionate about and patients can receive high-quality care in the comfort of their homes, offices or hotels.
As one of the first 30 team members of a dynamic early-stage startup with a proven business model, generous funding and on the verge of scaling the business, this is a remarkable opportunity to join a company in which you will participate in changing the world.
You will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and be responsible for scheduling medical resources for the delivery of our services.
- Ensure each operating region has appropriate full-day medical coverage.
- Coordinate medical scheduling on an an immediate and monthly basis, according to specialties as well as patient needs.
- Provide Dispatch team with accurate scheduling information to ensure patients receive requisite care.
- Manage process for adjusting visit times to meet patient specifications, working with customer support team.
- Provide rapid support and timely response to Operations team to meet changing circumstances in the schedule.
- Achieve deep understanding of medical resources and identify emergency backup solutions when need arises.
- Apply understanding of medical resources to couple resources efficiently for the optimal delivery of our service, based on time/date, location, medical specialisms, and resource availability.
- Proactively review, monitor and adjust resource availability on a daily basis.
- Handle last-minute scheduling cancellations or revisions with composure and quickly solicit alternative resource availability to minimize disruptions to coverage.
- Effectively communicate with medical resources to confirm schedule via phone and email.
- Distribute schedule or revisions to relevant internal teams in a consistent and timely manner.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience as Medical Scheduler in primary care practice, hospital or healthcare environment.
- Tech-savvy. Enthusiastic about learning new tools, workflows, and processes.
- Excellent familiarity with email, calendaring and spreadsheet software.
- You are eager to learn new systems and processes. The more complex, the more exciting to you.
- You know how to balance doing some tasks manually alongside doing some tasks with online tools.
- Effective multi-tasker and not fazed by a fast-paced environment.
- You can think on your feet and can factor multiple data points to arrive at the best decision. Able to exercise independent judgment.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions and are eager to expand you knowledge.
- You like sharing knowledge with others and are eager to empower your teammates.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and telephone manner.
- You are self-assured and know how to put people at ease in stressful conditions.
- You have a hands-on, proactive attitude and a flexible mindset.
- You have a compassionate attitude towards people who need care.
- Understand and embrace Heal’s mission.
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, do-before-you-delegate.
- Resourceful problem solver and analytical thinker.
- A process-driven builder who is thoughtful and able to create the playbook.
- You want to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- Compassionate with grit and determination.