Heal is a fast-growing health-tech start-up that has an award-winning on-demand house call doctor application. Heal works with highly qualified pediatricians and family practice doctors, enabled by state-of-the-art and emerging technologies, deliver a transformative in-home experience that makes Heal a primary choice for primary care. Heal is uniquely positioned to own the entire in-home health experience for millions of everyday American families.
As one of the first 30 team members of a dynamic early-stage startup with a proven business model, generous funding and on the verge of scaling the business, this is a remarkable opportunity to join a company in which you will participate in changing the world.
You will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and have exposure to all aspects of the clinical operations of the business. This role is perfect for a hands-on, can-do attitude Front Desk Medical Assistant who is eager to adapt their medical experience to a start-up and excited to help patients using technology.
- Manage the Heal doctors during your on-call shift, being the point person for all doctors, visits, routing, dispatch, and troubleshooting.
- Check in with Doctors and in-field MAs throughout the day to make sure they are moving efficiently through their routes, executing visits successfully, and not running into any problems in the field.
- Help troubleshoot any issues that come in from MDs or in-field MAs, triage the issue, and if needed direct to appropriate support team.
- Every morning, review visits for that day and plot a route for each doctor based on patient needs and doctors specialities.
- Work with customer support team to make calls to patients for any visit-related questions, concerns, or changes.
- Manage process for inbound visit requests during the day, rebuilding routes for doctors as new visits come in and other visits are completed.
- Manage process for adjusting visit times to meet patient specifications, working with customer support team.
- Manage the next morning’s visit assignments at the end of each day.
- Manage communications with doctors via phone, messaging app, and email.
- Follow up on Lab orders each day for patients.
- Ensure prescriptions are called into pharmacy and filled for patients.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in Customer Service, Logistics, Dispatch, or Project Coordination in a medical office or clinic setting.
- Tech-savvy. Enthusiastic about learning new tools, workflows, and processes. Ramps up on new software quickly; learns in hours, becomes an expert in a few days. This role uses a variety of online tools including complex desktop web applications.
- You are eager to learn new systems and processes. The more complex, the more exciting to you.
- You know how to balance doing some tasks manually alongside doing some tasks with online tools.
- Effective multi-tasker and not fazed by a fast-paced environment.
- You can think on your feet and can factor multiple data points to arrive at the best decision. Able to exercise independent judgment.
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions and are eager to expand you knowledge.
- You like sharing knowledge with others and are eager to empower your teammates.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and telephone manner.
- You are self-assured and know how to put people at ease in stressful conditions.
- You have a hands-on, proactive attitude and a flexible mindset.
- Start-up experience ideal, especially in a consumer-driven or consumer-facing environment where you’ve been a touch-point for the customer.
- You have a compassionate attitude towards people who need care.
- Understand and embrace Heal’s mission.
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, do-before-you-delegate.
- Resourceful problem solver and analytical thinker.
- A process-driven builder who is thoughtful and able to create the playbook.
- You want to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- Compassionate with grit and determination.