Human Resources Director
As Human Resources Director, you are instrumental in empowering Heal to build a world class team. Reporting to the CFO, you will drive on-boarding, training, performance management, employee relations and other aspects of HR management to support creation of an extraordinary culture, not only in the headquarters office but throughout the various geographic areas in which Heal operates. You will act strategically and creatively to help build an engaged and mission-driven organization, with particular emphasis on Heal’s remote Medical Team comprising 70% of the employee base and serving as the face of the brand to Heal’s customers.
• Stay current on HR best practices and all applicable government regulations (both federal and state) to establish up-to-date policies, practices and processes that ensure compliance, consistency and the wellbeing of individual team members and the company as a whole
• Develop and implement strategic programs and events to promote team member retention and satisfaction, both within the office and out in the field; with special emphasis on cultivating a robust connection to Heal’s mission and a sense of community and loyalty among field medical team members
• Create an effective onboarding and orientation process to set the stage for success and to create strong initial engagement; specifically, in the field, ensure that each medical professional is fully acclimated to Heal’s quality standards, customer service goals, operational practices, and the tools provided by the company for their success
• Design and implement performance review processes and systems to provide team members with timely and actionable feedback; devise strategies to promote strong job performance and to remedy underperformance, including a well-developed process for handling situations involving terminations and exits
• Consult collaboratively with company leaders on human resources policies and practices and to positively resolve people-related questions or issues on their teams
• Identify and implement training programs and development opportunities to promote Heal’s objective of being a world-class organization; present individual or group instruction as needed
• Serve as a confidential employee relations contact for all team members; deftly guide sensitive issues or conflicts to mitigate damage and resolve as favorably as possible for all concerned; serve as a point-person for any legal implications or requirements
• Provide assistance in developing organizational structure and career paths, creating meaningful job descriptions and establishing competitive yet internally equitable compensation levels
• Perform benefits administration and management, including enrollments, terminations, claims resolution and invoice auditing
• Handle all administration related to People Operations, including reporting, claims management, payroll, and processing new hire and termination paperwork
• Organize and safeguard the integrity of all HR data and individual employment related records and information for both in-house employees and the field medical services team
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• 5+ years HR experience with increasing responsibility and emphasis in employee relations, employee engagement and performance management
• Strong preference for experience creating community and driving engagement within a field organization
• Progressive approach to HR, passionate about the value that well-executed HR management brings to the business
• Inspiring leader able to gain authority and cooperation through engagement and influence; successfully builds relationships and trust throughout the organization
• Experience as a strategic consultant and coach to management with proven ability to anticipate the needs of the business
• Well-versed in HR regulations and compliance, with a thoughtful and analytical rather than formulaic approach to application
• Experience in a fast-paced technology environment, or within a progressive healthcare management environment
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; able to relate to and gain the confidence of a wide range of personalities, educational backgrounds and position levels, from Medical Assistants to M.D.’s to Personal Aides to PhDs, et al
• Impeccable integrity, discretion and ethical behavior on the job, with a strong respect for confidential data and information
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Thrives in a constantly changing entrepreneurial environment
• Strategic and forward thinking
• Proficient in various HR administration tools and applications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Anthropology or other relevant field
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
Heal offers a competitive salary, equity commensurate with the contribution to an early-
stage startup, excellent PPO Health and Vision benefits, two-weeks paid vacation, a subsidized healthy chef, and free Heal visits as needed. Relocation assistance is available.
We're a company founded by veteran entrepreneurs and medical doctors. Our idea came from our own family experience of having kids and needing easier access to great doctors using the on-demand/sharing economy models. We have incredible angel investors and an ambitious vision.
Joining our team now is an opportunity to be one of the first people in a funded company with a highly disruptive solution to a huge problem within a $2.4 trillion sector of our economy - healthcare.
If that sounds like a lot of buzz words, let's talk and you'll learn more. The interview will be worth your while.
The founders of this company are family-oriented parents. We put a great deal of emphasis on LIFESTYLE and making your work fit your life. We want like-minded people who want to change the world, while maintaining a happy, successful personal life too. Oh, and we're right by the beach.