Position: Regional Vice President of Operations, Northeast
Location: Brooklyn, NY or New York, NY
Who We Are:
At Heal, we believe improving health outcomes starts by meeting patients where they're most comfortable: at home. That’s why we provide value-based, in-home primary care to seniors on Medicare and select Medicare Advantage plans. By connecting our compassionate, patient-focused clinical teams with proprietary, tech-enabled solutions, Heal is transforming the way seniors access healthcare.
Our award-winning doctor house call, telemedicine, and remote monitoring solutions serve patients across 8 states including Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, New Orleans, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington. Having served over 250,000 patients and raised over $200MM in investment capital from the likes of Fidelity, Humana, and other prominent financiers, we now have an eye towards rapidly scaling to a position of market leadership.
At Heal, we believe in creating a culture that is efficient, engaging, and full of passion. We take pride in recognizing employees for their hard work and dedication and our CEO is never more than a phone call away. Come help us revolutionize the healthcare experience by putting patients first!
The Vice President of Operations, Northeast Market ensures effective and efficient deployment of our care delivery model to patients in the market. The Vice President is responsible for overall market performance ensuring daily business practices meet operational goals. The Vice President will lead and direct the day-to-day operations of teams in New York and New Jersey, working closely with market’s Regional Medical Director to ensure patient care, clinical metrics, performance goals and objectives are met and/or exceeded.
- This position is responsible for the overall success of Heal’s operations in the Northeast region, including accountability for the region’s performance in risk-based care contracts and for the region’s financials.
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of our managed care contracts, medical management services, quality improvement programs, and data analysis.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Director to improve quality, address issues, improve physician relations, and organize the operation to best serve patients.
- Assists in the development, coordination, and implementation of the regional budget, business plans, and operational activities.
- Drive performance by leading activities and managing staff in regional operations to generate the greatest potential value for the market in value-based care.
- Works closely with appropriate company resources to monitor and report metrics such as resource utilization, patient satisfaction, and other key performance indicators.
- Assists in identifying opportunities for improvement within the region’s sites and brings forward proposals incorporating solutions to improve efficiencies and reduce expenses.
- Identifies need for and participates in the development and implementation of care management and utilization management policies and procedures.
- Works with other third-party organizations such as health plans to resolve operational issues.
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations/standards
- Monitor, interpret, and report on changes in performance, market trends, health care delivery systems, and local legislative initiatives that impact their region and regional performance.
- Prior multi-state medical practice management experience
- Experience in a medical group, IPA, MSO or HMO setting (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in the development and administration of managed care principles and practices (strongly preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in Healthcare and Patient Satisfaction
- 10+ year’s experience managing a P&L within a healthcare delivery setting
- Experience developing relationships with key stakeholders in a health system, provider organization and with large payers.
- Working knowledge of CAPHS, NPS and other patient experience surveys/metrics
- Experience building and managing specialty networks
- Experience with Lean Management, Continuous Process Improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, leaders at all levels, physicians, and with various categories of customers
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally to 20% of the time
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in healthcare management, healthcare, business, or other health related field
- 7+ years of health care experience
- 3+ years of value based care or risk-based reimbursement (strongly preferred)
Get Heal (dba “Heal”) recognizes and values the key to success is the experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Heal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer to all individual, regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.