Remote in the following states of California, Georgia, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Florida, South Carolina, Washington, and Illinois.
Who We Are:
At Heal, we believe improving health outcomes starts by meeting patients where they're most comfortable: at home. That’s why we provide value-based, in-home primary care to seniors on Medicare and select Medicare Advantage plans. By connecting our compassionate, patient-focused clinical teams with proprietary, tech-enabled solutions, Heal is transforming the way seniors access healthcare.
Our award-winning doctor house call, telemedicine, and remote monitoring solutions serve patients across 8 states including Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, New Orleans, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington. Having served over 250,000 patients and raised over $200MM in investment capital from the likes of Fidelity, Humana, and other prominent financiers, we now have an eye towards rapidly scaling to a position of market leadership.
At Heal, we believe in creating a culture that is efficient, engaging, and full of passion. We take pride in recognizing employees for their hard work and dedication and our CEO is never more than a phone call away. Come help us revolutionize the healthcare experience by putting patients first!
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who is interested in working with a fast-growing team in building industry-leading health-tech services. You will be working on a small team using cutting-edge technology and tools to build platform services that support Heal's unique care delivery technologies. The team is fully remote and our day to day working environment is based on trust, relies on respect, and encourages asynchronous communication.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain micro-services, using the right tool for the job
- Ensure high quality code through unit tests and peer code reviews
- Collaborate with Product/QA team to define new features and timelines. Use data driven approach to analyze usage/success of feature released
- Help with existing tech-debt (every team has it)
- Languages used on on daily basis:
- Java, Kotlin, SQL, NoSQL, Python, Ruby, Typescript, Go
- Tools you will be using on a daily basis:
- intellij, vscode, git, jira, bitbucket, docker, kibana (elk stack), jenkins, nomad, consul, vault, kafka, airflow, metabase
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science(or similar field) or equivalent practical experience. 6+ years of industry experience
- Self-motivated and feeling of ownership, engineers who want to impact real change for real people
- Strong working experience with most or all languages and tools listed above
- Experience with spring boot 2 and popular python libraries is a plus
- A good understanding of distributed systems in practice, as well as performance and scalability
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, OOP, and computer science fundamentals
- Experience working with at least one of popular SQL/NoSQL data storage like Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDb etc.
- A good understanding of data structures to provide analytical problem solving
- Experience working with Unit testing frameworks like JUnit, TestNG etc
- Knowledge in Agile/Kanban/lean software development, Jira, Git, testing and maintaining production code
Please Note: This position is not budgeted for Sponsorship.
Get Heal (dba “Heal”) recognizes and values the key to success is the experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Heal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer to all individual, regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.